What have you found? Well...

My name is Tim and I spend my time pretending to be studious at the University of York in the UK which is usually fairly pleasant but sometimes quite a lot like hard work. Outside of Yorkshire and occasional jaunts to The South where I hail from, you can find me in various guises on the interwebs.

You might try some of the following:
Facebook | Last.fm | Xfire | Flickr | Get Satisfaction | Skype

In reality I'm currently spending my life messing around with Songbird, it's many and varied add-ons, the world of Last.fm [which you should really join] and the possibilities of scrobbing pretty much anything - not least Spotify, Hype Machine and potentially even BBC Radio and YouTube. Who knew?

I'm really in to messing about with music in different ways. I have a sick record collection which I spent the best part of a day alphabetising last week. Apart from being incredibly satisfying, it's somewhat redundant considering that it's all on my computer anyway and let's face it - most of it is now on Spotify. I do, however, feel very strongly about albums as a concept, entities which deserve to exist in their entirety and not to be abused by something like this. There are lots of albums which I feel like I should own as part of my musical education, perhaps to validate my opinion and to foster better descriptive and comparative techniques when discussing new music. Generally, I do own these - there are some I'm still working on. Suggestions welcomed! Good music is great - but who did it first? What did your favourite band grow up listening to? Find out. Can you hear it in their sound?

I thoroughly recommend the following if you don't already use them:
Firefox | Thunderbird | Songbird | Spotify | Last.fm
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.